RMD Group is at the core of hospitality in San Diego. The team with the experience and the group most capable of delivering the experience—a consistent game-changer with a track record of reinventing and reinvigorating private events and group dining in America’s finest city.
RMD Group Events takes your event to the next level by offering full scale event planning for every type of venue. As a sales and event manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for soliciting and maintaining private event business for all RMD Group Venues.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Professional and friendly demeanor with a positive attitude
- Motivated and results driven
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous Restaurant or Hotel Food and Beverage experience, preferred
- Previous Sales experience is a must
- Flexibility to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant including nights and weekends
Key responsibilities of a Sales & Event Manager include:
- Set solicitation goals with the Director of Sales and Events, and meet or exceed solicitation goals and revenue goals
- Re-solicit past local accounts, generate new business
- Create and send proposals with sample menus, minimums and cost estimates for interested clients
- Follow Up on all generated proposals and revise as necessary
- Send contracts out for all approved events, to be countersigned by DOS.
- Conduct site tours of the venues
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (MPI, ABC, LATCB etc.) as well as local business networking organizations
- Generate monthly reports and forecasts
Job Type: Full-time